Technical ServicesTechnical Support Services and Consultancy
I am highly-trained and have extensive experience of food safety, quality systems, HACCP, allergens, auditing and retailer specifications. So I can provide every technical service in the food industry and every type of technical support.
I can provide support to your existing team during periods of change, growth or recovery from a disappointing audit. I can also review, advise or improve your in-house systems to bring them up to the latest BRC standard or retailer guidelines.
Specialist Technical Support & Technical Services
- An experienced technical resource to provide specialist support to supplement your existing technical team during busy periods of change, growth or recovery from a poor audit.
- It may also involve project management, improving food safety and quality management systems, closing out audit non-conformances, or an extra pair of eyes on the factory floor to ensure compliance with retailer requirements.
Quality Systems to BRC & Retailer Standards
- Design and implementation of effective food safety and quality management systems to meet any technical standard, including the BRC Global Food Standard, GFSI, EFSIS Safe & Legal, ISO 9001, TFMS, M&S and other retailer technical standards and codes of practice.
- Update or improvement of existing food safety and quality management systems, policies and procedures to bring them up to the required standard.
HACCP Food Safety Plans
- HACCP is an essential component of any food safety and quality management system, and is a mandatory requirement of BRC, GFSI, TFMS and other retailer technical standards.
- Design, development and implementation of HACCP systems, including: Process flow diagrams, Hazard identification, CCP identification, Establishing targets and tolerances, Control measures, Monitoring procedures, Corrective actions and Records.
Allergen Risk Assessments & Management
- In many food manufacturing businesses, food allergens are a bigger food safety risk than pathogenic microorganisms. Only a few milligrams are required to cause an allergic reaction, anaphylaxis or even death, yet allergen management is rarely given as much attention as it requires.
- In-house technical teams often don’t have sufficient time or knowledge to undertake such an important task, which is where specialist external support comes in…
BRC Auditor of Quality Management Systems
- Internal audits: Quality management system audits, HACCP audits and verification, GMP audits, Hygiene audits, etc.
- External audits: Audits of new or existing suppliers’ manufacturing facilities, processes and procedures.
Retailer Specification Writing
- I have experience of all the major retailer specification systems including: Tesco Technical Library, M&S PLuM, Sainsburys Evolve, Morrisons MCreate, Waitrose WRSpec, Asda Hive, Coop My-Core, Micros, etc…
- Good working knowledge of food labelling legislation, composing legal ingredient declarations and calculating nutrition information.