Interim Technical ServicesInterim Technical Services Manager and Consultant
Interim Technical Services Manager
As an interim technical services manager, I am well trained and have extensive experience of retailer specification writing, food safety and quality management systems development, interim management, HACCP and BRC auditing. In short I can provide almost any kind of technical support for the food industry.
I can provide interim cover for recruitment periods, unexpected absences or maternity leave. I can also provide short-term support to your existing team during periods of change, growth or recovery from a disappointing audit.
Retailer Specification Writing
- I have experience of all the major retailer specification systems including: Tesco Technical Library, M&S PLuM, Sainsburys Evolve, Morrisons MCreate, Waitrose WRSpec, Asda Hive, Coop My-Core, Micros, etc…
- Good working knowledge of food labelling legislation, composing legal ingredient declarations and calculating nutrition information.
Interim Technical Support
- An experienced technical resource to provide short-term support to supplement your existing technical team during busy periods of change, growth or recovery from a poor audit.
- Interim technical support may involve improving food safety and quality management systems, closing out audit non-conformances, or an extra pair of eyes on the factory floor to ensure compliance with retailer requirements.
Interim Technical, Quality or QA Manager
- An experienced interim technical manager, quality manager or QA manager at short notice to provide essential management cover for maternity leave, long-term absence, sudden departures, etc.
- Technical management assistance during periods of rapid growth, busy times of the year, or when trying to recruit the right permanent candidate.
Quality Management Systems to BRC, EFSIS or ISO 9001
- Design and implementation of effective food safety and quality management systems to meet any technical standard, including the BRC Global Food Standard, GFSI, EFSIS Safe & Legal, ISO 9001, TFMS and other retailer technical standards.
- Update or improvement of existing food safety and quality management systems, policies and procedures to bring them up to the required standard.
HACCP Food Safety to Codex or ISO 22000
- HACCP is an essential component of any food safety and quality management system, and is a mandatory requirement of BRC, GFSI, TFMS and other retailer technical standards.
- Design, development and implementation of HACCP systems, including: Process flow diagrams, Hazard identification, CCP identification, Establishing targets and tolerances, Control measures, Monitoring procedures, Corrective actions and Records.
BRC Auditor of Quality Management Systems
- Internal audits: Quality management system audits, HACCP audits and verification, GMP audits, Hygiene audits, etc.
- External audits: Audits of new or existing suppliers’ manufacturing facilities, processes and procedures.