Retailer SpecificationsInterim Specifications Technologist / Writer / Manager
Interim Specifications Technologist
I am an experienced interim specifications technologist, writer and manager, with experience of all the major retailer specification systems, including the new M&S PLuM System (see below for a full list).
I am systematic, methodical, organised, accurate, knowledgeable, focused, efficient, calm, and a good multi-tasker with an eye for detail.
I have a good working knowledge of UK and EU food legislation and food labelling. This knowledge is right up-to-date because I have recently attended courses in Food Legislation and Food and Drink Labelling at Campden BRI.
Retailer Specification Writing and Checking
- Completing retailer technical specifications on your behalf.
- Training your employees to use retailer specification systems.
- Good working knowledge of food legislation and food labelling.
- Calculating nutrition information from raw material specifications or food tables.
- Composing accurate and legal ingredient declarations.
- Interpreting and applying retailer technical policies and UK / EU legislation.
- Ensuring that product specifications and labels comply with legislation, guidance and customer codes of practice.
- Reviewing pack copy and artwork to ensuring the information is accurate and legal.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of UK and EU food legislation.
Retailer Specification Systems Experience
- Marks and Spencer (M&S) PLuM (previously FIND)
- Tesco Quality Connect (previously TTL)
- Sainsburys Evolve (previously Inspire)
- Asda Hive (previously Aspect)
- Morrisons Mcreate (previously Enterprise)
- Waitrose Engage (previously WRSpec)
- Co-op My-Core (previously Core)
- Oracle / Micros Systems
- Hamilton Grant
Internal Specifications and Data Management
Writing retailer specifications for finished products is only one part of the job… I am also experienced at writing, checking, managing and collating raw material specifications and in-house manufacturing specifications. These days maintaining technical, quality, food safety, recipe, manufacturing, nutrition and packaging data in an easily accessible way is a job in itself. I usually use spreadsheets to maintain this data because everyone can use them, but I can also work with your IT team to design bespoke databases if required.