About LeeInterim Technical Support
Lee Bladon – Interim Technical Support
My name is Lee Bladon and I am a self-employed Interim Manager and Technical Consultant to the food industry. I have a first class honours degree in Food Quality Management, Postgraduate Certificates in HACCP and Coaching, over 20 years experience, and a proven track record as an interim manager in the food industry.
Most of my post-graduate career has been in interim management because I enjoy the variety of work and new challenges that short-term assignments offer. With experience of all the major retailers, numerous food groups and a host of different organisations (large and small) I can quickly adapt to new environments and “hit the ground running”.
I am an experienced Interim Technical Services Manager, Specifications Manager, Quality Manager, QA Manager and Technical Consultant with a broad range of skills and expertise:
- A hands-on manager with a pro-active, solution-focused approach to quality and systems improvement.
- An expert in designing and developing effective quality management systems (BRC, EFSIS, ISO 9001).
- Experienced in designing and developing effective food safety systems (HACCP, ISO 22000).
- Excellent knowledge of retailer specifications and associated websites/software (Tesco Quality Connect, Sainsburys Evolve, Asda Hive, Morrisons MCreate, M&S PLuM, Waitrose Engage, Coop My-Core, Oracle/Micros, Hamilton Grant, etc).
- A versatile, efficient and focused team player with good people and project management skills.
- A natural leader who likes to bring out the best in others and help develop their abilities.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for providing first class service.
- Available for interim roles or consultancy work.
My academic qualifications include:
- First Class BSc (Hons.) Food Quality Management – Bournemouth University, Dorset.
Quality Management Systems, Consumer Science, Quality Assurance, Food Legislation, Food Science, Food Processing, Product Development, Nutrition, Microbiology and Statistical Techniques.
- PgCert HACCP (Distinction) – University of Salford, Manchester.
HACCP Development, HACCP Implementation, HACCP Evaluation and Meat HACCP.
- PgCert Coaching (Merit) – University of East London.
Leadership & Organisational Coaching and Health-Based Coaching.
- 3 x “A” Levels – Boston College of Further Education, Lincolnshire.
Biology – B Physics – B Chemistry – C
- 8 x “O” Levels – Lytchett Minster School, Poole, Dorset.
My vocational qualifications include:
- NEW – BRC Food v8 Lead Auditor – BRC Academy, London
- NEW – Campden Food Law – Campden BRI, Gloucestershire
- NEW – Campden Food & Drink Labelling – Campden BRI, Gloucestershire
- Quality Systems Lead Assessor – PE Batalas, Poole, Dorset.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 3) – IEHO, Poole, Dorset.
- City & Guilds in Computer Programming – North West Kent College, Kent.
The benefits of hiring an experienced interim manager such as myself (Lee Bladon) include:
- Well established: With over 20 years experience and a proven track record as an interim manager / technical consultant.
- Flexible: My specialist expertise and extensive experience enable me to provide comprehensive support in a wide variety of technical, quality, development and operational functions.
- Motivated and enthusiastic: I enjoy the variety, challenge and focus that short-term assignments offer,which helps me be more productive than most permanent employees.
- Independent: I provide honest, unbiased advice and practical solutions to your problems.
- Overqualified: I am sensibly overqualified for many of the assignments I undertake, which allows me to “hit the ground running” without the need for long inductions or expensive training courses.
- Rapid response: I can be operational within days (or even minutes) of agreement.
- Support only when you need it: No long-term commitment is required.
- Value for money: No national insurance, income tax, holiday pay, sick pay, redundancy pay, training costs, pension, life insurance, health care, company car, bonus, etc.